Call for Expression of Interest at Rwanda Children’s Books Organization
Internship Opportunity at Rwanda Children’s Books Organisation
Title: Administrative and Communications Intern
Reports to the Chairperson of RCBO
Rwanda Children’s Books Organization (RCBO) is seeking an intern for their office administrative and communications tasks. This person will work with executive committee to complete RCBO projects and provide support in the areas of event management, projects development, research, and administration. A commitment of 20 – 30 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months is desired.
Rwanda Children’s Books Organization (RCBO) is a professional member based organization that fosters the growth of the children’s publishing industry in Rwanda. It was established in 2015 with the mandate to promote the production and use of quality books for children by Rwandan publishers.
The organization provides a platform for its members to engage other stakeholders with the aim of influencing the book policy, capacity building and market development for the book industry in Rwanda – specifically in relation to children’s books.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide general support to visitors by answering their questions and requests;
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries;
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments and take accurate minutes of the meetings;
- Provide administrative, communications and PR support to the RCBO office ensuring the effective communications with RCBO members, partners, and communities;
- Assist in preparing events and office management tasks;
- Support in conducting research on book publishing industry and literacy rates in Rwanda;
- Support in producing and distributing different documents such as reports, business letters, memos, presentations, concept papers and more;
- Provide assistance in project conceptualization and development;
- Write, in collaboration with concerned staff, articles and or briefs meant for publication in various communication mediums;
- Update regularly RCBO website and social media platforms, respond to all social media queries, and disseminate messages, speeches and interviews of events organized by RCBO;
- Support RCBO in collecting contents for a Rwandan publishers book catalogue, upload it on the RCBO website, and share it widely.
- Support RCBO members identify strategic exhibition, pop up, and selling points;
- When requested by the RCBO executive committee, represent RCBO in meetings, book-related events and other local creative industry events;
- Develop and maintain a filing system;
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner;
- Fresh graduates or students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Management, Arts, Administration, Social Sciences, Publishing, Creative industries or other related fields;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Computer skills;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Some familiarity with the Rwandan book industry;
- Fluent in both English and Kinyarwanda (knowledge of French/or Swahili is an added advantage);
- Self-motivated, flexible, learns quickly, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- High degree of professionalism;
This is a perfect position for a graduate or student who wishes to develop a career in children’s book industry because the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work with different organisations to learn as much about the publishing industry as possible.
You will also receive a monthly facilitation fee to cover travel, lunch, and internet.
Interested persons should email their resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit applications is by 12 August 2019.
The successful candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
The Chairperson of RCBO